November 23 - November 25, 2012
Florida Classical Ballet Theatre dances into the holiday season on Thanksgiving weekend with the company’s tradition of The Nutcracker. Artistic Director, Colleen Smith will present the traditional holiday classic, The Nutcracker, on November 23, 24 and 25, 2012. The performances will be at the company’s home theatre, Eissey Campus Theatre at Palm Beach State College in Palm Beach Gardens. Tickets start at $15 and can be purchased online at www.fcbt.org or by calling 561.207.5900.
With the score of The Nutcracker by composer, Tchaikovsky, the party begins when Uncle Drosselmeyer chooses Clara to receive the enchanted Nutcracker. As night sets in, Clara is awakened from her sleep and surrounded by treacherous mice. The gallant Nutcracker enters and rescues her. Traveling through a blustery snowstorm, they arrive in the Land of the Sweets where Clara and her Nutcracker Prince are dazzled by the beauty of the Sugar Plum Fairy and her Court.
This season Florida Classical Ballet Theatre’s The Nutcracker boasts a seasoned cast including resident artist, Rogelio Corrales and guest artist Yumelia Garcia of the Joffrey Ballet, dancing the the roles of Cavalier the and the Sugar Plum Fairy. Character artist Marshall Levin will play the role of Herr Drosselmeyer. Dancers of all ages from Florida Classical Ballet Theatre’s ensemble and ballet school, The Esther Center, perform throughout the production.
- Palm Beach International Film Festival
- Les Misérables at Maltz Jupiter Theatre
- Stars of American Ballet
- The Daughter of the Regiment at Kravis Center for the Performing Arts - Dreyfoos Hall
- Vinicius Cantuaria Sings Jobim at Arts Garage
- Jekyll & Hyde at Crest Theatre at Delray Beach Center for the Arts
- Cirque Italia
- Thoroughly Modern Millie at Alexander W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts
- Artists In The Park at Veterans Park - Delray Beach
- THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG - A Musical Comedy by Neil Simon at Delray Beach Playhouse
Broward and Miami
Looking for events in Broward or Miami-Dade counties?