November 23 - November 25, 2012
Florida Classical Ballet Theatre dances into the holiday season on Thanksgiving weekend with the company’s tradition of The Nutcracker. Artistic Director, Colleen Smith will present the traditional holiday classic, The Nutcracker, on November 23, 24 and 25, 2012. The performances will be at the company’s home theatre, Eissey Campus Theatre at Palm Beach State College in Palm Beach Gardens. Tickets start at $15 and can be purchased online at www.fcbt.org or by calling 561.207.5900.
With the score of The Nutcracker by composer, Tchaikovsky, the party begins when Uncle Drosselmeyer chooses Clara to receive the enchanted Nutcracker. As night sets in, Clara is awakened from her sleep and surrounded by treacherous mice. The gallant Nutcracker enters and rescues her. Traveling through a blustery snowstorm, they arrive in the Land of the Sweets where Clara and her Nutcracker Prince are dazzled by the beauty of the Sugar Plum Fairy and her Court.
This season Florida Classical Ballet Theatre’s The Nutcracker boasts a seasoned cast including resident artist, Rogelio Corrales and guest artist Yumelia Garcia of the Joffrey Ballet, dancing the the roles of Cavalier the and the Sugar Plum Fairy. Character artist Marshall Levin will play the role of Herr Drosselmeyer. Dancers of all ages from Florida Classical Ballet Theatre’s ensemble and ballet school, The Esther Center, perform throughout the production.
- The Doo Wop Project at Duncan Theatre
- OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY - A Play by Jerry Sterner at Delray Beach Playhouse
- The Bad Girls of the Bible Inspirational Stage Play at The Borland Center for the Performing Arts
- Free Friday Concerts at the Pavilion at Delray Beach Center for the Arts at Old School Square
- 2015 International Kinetic Art Exhibit and Symposium
- Shenandoah at Delray Square Performing Arts Center
- "Women of Vision: National Geographic Photographers on Assignment" Exhibit at Palm Beach Photographic Centre
- Gospel Gala featuring The Clark Sisters at Kravis Center for the Performing Arts - Dreyfoos Hall
- 16th Annual Everglades Day All-Day Family Festival at Arthur R. Marshall Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge
- 29th Annual Outdoor Juried Art Festival
South Florida Arts Calendars
Looking for more to do in South Florida?