National Theatre: 50 Years on Stage (Encore)
November 16, 2013
To celebrate its 50th anniversary, the National Theatre of Great Britain presents this once-in-a-lifetime performance, broadcast to cinemas around the world.
From its early golden period under the leadership of Laurence Olivier at the Old Vic theatre to its now iconic building in the heart of London, the National Theatre has been home to Britain’s finest theatrical talent. For half a century, the National Theatre has premiered works by renowned writers such as Harold Pinter, Peter Shaffer, Tom Stoppard, Alan Bennett and David Hare; as well as staging celebrated performances by Maggie Smith, Derek Jacobi, Judi Dench, Michael Gambon and the rising stars of today.
From “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead” to “The History Boys,” from “The Mysteries” to “Angels in America,” from “Guys and Dolls” to “War Horse” – Nicholas Hytner directs a thrilling evening of live theatre, with rare glimpses from the archive, featuring many of the original actors who have performed on the National’s stages over the past five decades.
- Les Misérables at Maltz Jupiter Theatre
- TurtleFest 2015 at Loggerhead Marinelife Center
- THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG - A Musical Comedy by Neil Simon at Delray Beach Playhouse
- Jekyll & Hyde at Eissey Campus Theatre
- Thoroughly Modern Millie at Alexander W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts
- Stars of American Ballet
- Boynton Beach Blarney Bash
- Cirque Italia
- Artists In The Park at Veterans Park - Delray Beach
- The Daughter of the Regiment at Kravis Center for the Performing Arts - Dreyfoos Hall
Broward and Miami
Looking for events in Broward or Miami-Dade counties?