National Theatre: 50 Years on Stage (Encore)
November 16, 2013
To celebrate its 50th anniversary, the National Theatre of Great Britain presents this once-in-a-lifetime performance, broadcast to cinemas around the world.
From its early golden period under the leadership of Laurence Olivier at the Old Vic theatre to its now iconic building in the heart of London, the National Theatre has been home to Britain’s finest theatrical talent. For half a century, the National Theatre has premiered works by renowned writers such as Harold Pinter, Peter Shaffer, Tom Stoppard, Alan Bennett and David Hare; as well as staging celebrated performances by Maggie Smith, Derek Jacobi, Judi Dench, Michael Gambon and the rising stars of today.
From “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead” to “The History Boys,” from “The Mysteries” to “Angels in America,” from “Guys and Dolls” to “War Horse” – Nicholas Hytner directs a thrilling evening of live theatre, with rare glimpses from the archive, featuring many of the original actors who have performed on the National’s stages over the past five decades.
- Free Friday Concerts at the Pavilion at Delray Beach Center for the Arts at Old School Square
- Shenandoah at Delray Square Performing Arts Center
- "Women of Vision: National Geographic Photographers on Assignment" Exhibit at Palm Beach Photographic Centre
- The Wiz at Maltz Jupiter Theatre
- The Doo Wop Project at Duncan Theatre
- 16th Annual Everglades Day All-Day Family Festival at Arthur R. Marshall Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge
- The Bad Girls of the Bible Inspirational Stage Play at The Borland Center for the Performing Arts
- OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY - A Play by Jerry Sterner at Delray Beach Playhouse
- Gospel Gala featuring The Clark Sisters at Kravis Center for the Performing Arts - Dreyfoos Hall
- 2015 International Kinetic Art Exhibit and Symposium
South Florida Arts Calendars
Looking for more to do in South Florida?