National Theatre: 50 Years on Stage (Encore)
November 16, 2013
To celebrate its 50th anniversary, the National Theatre of Great Britain presents this once-in-a-lifetime performance, broadcast to cinemas around the world.
From its early golden period under the leadership of Laurence Olivier at the Old Vic theatre to its now iconic building in the heart of London, the National Theatre has been home to Britain’s finest theatrical talent. For half a century, the National Theatre has premiered works by renowned writers such as Harold Pinter, Peter Shaffer, Tom Stoppard, Alan Bennett and David Hare; as well as staging celebrated performances by Maggie Smith, Derek Jacobi, Judi Dench, Michael Gambon and the rising stars of today.
From “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead” to “The History Boys,” from “The Mysteries” to “Angels in America,” from “Guys and Dolls” to “War Horse” – Nicholas Hytner directs a thrilling evening of live theatre, with rare glimpses from the archive, featuring many of the original actors who have performed on the National’s stages over the past five decades.
- When You're in Love, the Whole World is Jewish at Mizner Park Cultural Arts Center
- Free Friday Concerts at the Pavilion at Delray Beach Center for the Arts at Old School Square
- Abraham in Motion, Pavement at Kravis Center for the Performing Arts - Rinker Playhouse
- Winter Wonderland
- The Polar Express: Train ride and activities at Mizner Park Amphitheater
- A Christmas Carol
- “Il Barocco Italiano” at Royal Poinciana Chapel
- Winter Wonders Nights at the Museum at South Florida Science Center and Aquarium
- Top Hat, White Tie and Tails! at Delray Beach Playhouse
- Holiday Comedy Improv Show at Center Stage Performing Arts
South Florida Arts Calendars
Looking for more to do in South Florida?