Third Row Center Singers
The Third Row Center Singers perform 4 to 8-part harmony "A Cappella Style - without musical accompaniment. We sing most styles of music, from the 1920’s through the 80’s. In winter, we sing in Victorian costumes and call ourselves the “Dickens Caroliers”. Christmas is our busiest season and we do schedule numerous concerts in December. We are not a religiously affiliated group, and we do not discriminate for age, sex, race or religion. We embrace the wholesomeness of singing.
Our History and Direction …. where we’ve been, where we’re going: TRC has its roots back in the late 90’s as a social group at the local water management district. It morphed into a certified charitable choir (a 501(c)3) in 2001, and then we became TRC in late 2008. We have ranged in membership size from 6 to about 20 in that time. Currently, we are trying to grow from 10 to 16 members.
Our Organizational Philosophies, Goals and Ethics:
• Grow individually and as a group in the A Cappella style of singing. We perform everything from memory.
• Have fun, grow friendships, camaraderie, set and meet challenges for ourselves.
• Strive to increase our presence and familiarity within Palm Beach and neighboring counties.
• Aim for high quality singing and performing.
• Make a profit wherever possible.
• We are entertainers. We take that role seriously and always try to exceed our client’s expectations.
• We thrill at the sound of voices singing in harmony, and we love the reaction we get from our audiences. A song sung well is a wonderful thing! Singing well is an art; music itself is an art …. we are artists.
• We recruit singers based on ability and voice range. We welcome those of any race or religion that can meet our vocal challenge.
Karenna A. Holt (pronounced Ka-REE-na) is our Director. She graduated with a Bachelor of Music in Music Education from the University of Florida, and is currently teaching at Frontier Elementary School in Palm Beach County, Florida. Karenna is married to Robert and they have two children. Karenna pretty much runs the group as a democracy, but has the final say on all musical matters. There has to be a boss, and she has been doing a great job. Her decisions have proven to be good in the short and long term. We trust her guidance.
Our Calendar and Schedule
We perform year-round. This is very challenging because we basically have to learn two whole and different concerts of 15 to 20 songs. We work on our winter holiday selections from August through November, and we typically have 10 or more concerts in the first 3 weeks of December, and 5 or more in the rest of the season. See our upcoming events on our website.
Rehearsals occur year-round. Currently we rehearse on Monday nights from 7 p.m to 9 p.m. at the Golden Lakes Clubhouse “A” auditorium.